With his first book Mark Ray revolutionized the Eagle court of honor, showing tens of thousands of readers how to make Scouting’s greatest moment truly great. He then turned his attention to an even bigger task: building great Boy Scout troops.
In this unique and highly personal book, Mark offers hundreds of proven ideas for building strong, successful, sustainable troops that truly achieve the promise of Scouting. Beginning with Scouting’s aims and methods, the book moves quickly through every aspect of the program, from troop meetings and outings to fundraising and administration.
New for 2017 is the 2nd edition of this popular book, complete with a new cover, 16 pages of new content, and updates on nearly every page.
- How to recruit and retain Scouts and adult leaders
- Techniques for nearly painless fundraising
- Suggested board-of-review questions for every rank
- Proven techniques for empowering your youth leaders
- Tips for developing troop newsletters and websites
- Ideas for strengthening patrol operations